We’re working on releasing tension and stiffness in the hips while nourishing our early Spring energy in all my classes this month. However, I do adjust the classes depending on how people are feeling and what their yoga experience is.
Classes run at 10.30am & 6pm on Tuesdays in the Sealodge Hotel, Waterville, Kerry.
The next blocks starts 10.30am on Monday March 4th, in Caherdaniel Parish Hall, Caherdaniel, Kerry.
Having taught all shapes and sizes over the past 12 years, I am very experienced at adapting my classes to suit everyone. No one gets left behind and my over-riding aim is for you to feel really good, and pleased with yourself at the end of every session.
If that sounds good to you, sign up today to start feeling less stressed and more at ease in your body.
The Sea Lodge hotel, Waterville – 10.30am Tuesdays
Starting Tuesday, 6th February 2024
So excited to be back teaching in my home village on Tuesday mornings. I’m running a 4 week course on the yoga basics so it’s suitable for anyone who’s coming back to yoga after a break, as well as complete beginners. You don’t need to be fit or flexible to join us either! We’ll work on both of those in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
The hotel is open for a cup of coffee and a chat afterwards if you’d like to stick around too 🙂
Caherdaniel Parish hall, Kerry
Starting Monday, 5th February 2024
10.30am Mondays – Click here to book 4 weeks for €55
Join me for a weekly stretch and strengthen in the friendly community of Caherdaniel.
Have you signed up to my mailing list? You’ll get a free video to do before bed that will help you relax and get a great night’s sleep. It will give you an idea of how I teach and I hope you enjoy it! You’ll also get a monthly newsletter with yoga & health tips, more free videos and all my news.
What to Expect in Class
In my yoga classes I lead us through:
*strengthening work to help us get fitter and more mobile,
*relaxation to help us rest and sleep better, and
*share tools to help manage anxiety, stress, low mood and low energy.
Every month I choose a theme that might be based on the time of year or suggestions from students or something I notice students struggling with.
We start each class standing (or sitting in a chair if preferred) and do some strengthening movements with the breath. Balances too some weeks. Then we move to the floor for some more movement and finally a relaxation session with a blanket and cushion. Finally, we’ll do a seated breathing practice. The whole class can be done in a chair if preferred. Sometimes my energy is low and I use a chair too!
Can Beginners Join?
Absolutely! I love teaching beginners and introducing people to the wonderful world of yoga. It’s a very friendly class and there are often complete beginners or those who haven’t been in a while in the class. As we generally start standing with very simple movements, you can see what’s going on and will have no trouble joining in. Everyone who’s started with me so far has enjoyed their first class very much.
What do I need to bring?
You will need…
- a mat
- a block or firm cushion to sit on
- a blanket to cover you in relaxation and to use as a prop
- to wear comfortable layers of clothing
- a bottle of water
- your ‘already perfect’ self 🙂
If you have any questions or concerns about joining the class, please send me a message and I’ll be happy to chat to you. I hope to see you in class soon!Book Today
My yoga classes are:
- suitable for all levels, including beginners
- health (rather than fitness) oriented
- friendly to all shapes and sizes.
Are the classes suitable for beginners?
- Yes, all my classes are suitable for everyone. You don’t need to be fit or flexible to join our friendly and relaxed classes. The postures will be focused on strengthening work, to help us get fitter and more mobile, and relaxation to help us rest and increase our energy levels.
I have been practicing yoga for a few years; are the classes suitable for me?
- I welcome all levels of ability to my classes. I am passionate about ensuring each person goes on their own yoga journey and giving everyone individual care and attention. I always suggest options for each pose, allowing more experienced people to choose the best postures for themselves.
What do I need to bring?
- A yoga mat and a block, if you have them. It is also useful to bring a blanket, a small cushion and an extra layer of clothing for the relaxation poses. Spare mats, blankets and blocks will be available to use if you don’t have them.
Do I need to book in advance or can I drop in to a class?
- If you would like to join any of my classes you will need to book in advance and pay for a block of 4 classes. Some venues have restricted space and I need to plan each class with the number of participants in mind. If I have the space, you can just do one class for €18, but please contact me first to check availability and to book in.
What are the 3 key benefits to regularly practicing yoga?
- Strengthens the body, allowing more mobility and improved balance
- Increases energy levels and helps to calm the mind
- Allows the body to rest with deep relaxation, which helps to improve sleep and manage stress
“Louise takes us from the distractions of life to a place of calm, warmth, and appreciation, where we work together in a gentle but invigorating way. I always feel so much better after Louise’s structured and well-prepared classes. Louise makes me realize the benefit, and essential worth of Yoga for life. All with humour and understanding, giving mental and physical ease and well being”
– Maggie O’Shea
“I had the privilege of getting a wonderful private yoga session with Louise. Before the class, she listened carefully to what I hoped to get out of the session and prepared a yoga class that fully catered to my needs. The class was very calming, soothing but also challenged me in a way I needed. I felt totally relaxed and exhilarated afterwards! I highly recommend Louise to provide a yoga class that will affect your whole body in a very positive way.”
– Jeanne-Marie Nangle